Spending time with family and spending time outdoors — they’re two hallmarks of the summer season. For Tory growing up in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the two converge in one memory-filled locale: the poolside porch at her home (above). It’s where family and friends gathered to play games, eat lunch and relax after a dip in the pool or a game of tennis. It’s also where her parents Buddy and Reva would needlepoint for hours; in fact, the needlepoint pillows in the photo became the inspirational springboard for Tory’s collection of needlepoint pillows today.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Chef April Bloomfield Fri, Apr 24, 2015
- Entertaining To Read: Bunny Williams On Garden Style Wed, Apr 22, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Valentina Scambia’s Guide to the Entertaining Scene Sat, Apr 18, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Gelato in the City Wed, Apr 15, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Shop Martina Mondadori’s Cabana Magazine on 1stdibs Tue, Apr 14, 2015