Spending time with family and spending time outdoors — they’re two hallmarks of the summer season. For Tory growing up in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the two converge in one memory-filled locale: the poolside porch at her home (above). It’s where family and friends gathered to play games, eat lunch and relax after a dip in the pool or a game of tennis. It’s also where her parents Buddy and Reva would needlepoint for hours; in fact, the needlepoint pillows in the photo became the inspirational springboard for Tory’s collection of needlepoint pillows today.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Meet the Restaurateur: The Palm’s Bruce Bozzi, Jr. Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Fall 2015 Post-Show Lunch Wed, Feb 18, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Word of Mouth: Aire Ancient Baths Wed, Feb 11, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Guide: Photographer Douglas Friedman’s New York Nights Sat, Feb 7, 2015