Spending time with family and spending time outdoors — they’re two hallmarks of the summer season. For Tory growing up in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the two converge in one memory-filled locale: the poolside porch at her home (above). It’s where family and friends gathered to play games, eat lunch and relax after a dip in the pool or a game of tennis. It’s also where her parents Buddy and Reva would needlepoint for hours; in fact, the needlepoint pillows in the photo became the inspirational springboard for Tory’s collection of needlepoint pillows today.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Interior Designer Jacques Grange Fri, Aug 15, 2014
- Entertaining Insta-Scene: The Tabletop Mon, Aug 4, 2014
- Entertaining Meet the Bloggers: The New Potato’s Danielle & Laura Kosann Mon, Aug 4, 2014
- Entertaining Expert Guide: Victoria Amory’s Mustard 101 Sun, Aug 3, 2014
- Entertaining Day in the Life: Chef Adam Ben’Ous Sun, Aug 3, 2014