Spending time with family and spending time outdoors — they’re two hallmarks of the summer season. For Tory growing up in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the two converge in one memory-filled locale: the poolside porch at her home (above). It’s where family and friends gathered to play games, eat lunch and relax after a dip in the pool or a game of tennis. It’s also where her parents Buddy and Reva would needlepoint for hours; in fact, the needlepoint pillows in the photo became the inspirational springboard for Tory’s collection of needlepoint pillows today.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Holiday Issue: Interiors Maven Kate Brodsky on Decking the Halls Tue, Dec 16, 2014
- Entertaining Holiday Issue: Cooks Jasmine & Melissa Hemsley on Yuletide Entertaining Sun, Dec 14, 2014
- Culture Art Advisor Maria Brito On: Lifestyling the Home Sat, Dec 6, 2014
- Entertaining To Read: Dinner Diaries Sun, Nov 30, 2014
- Entertaining Tory On: Thanksgiving Wed, Nov 26, 2014