Spending time with family and spending time outdoors — they’re two hallmarks of the summer season. For Tory growing up in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the two converge in one memory-filled locale: the poolside porch at her home (above). It’s where family and friends gathered to play games, eat lunch and relax after a dip in the pool or a game of tennis. It’s also where her parents Buddy and Reva would needlepoint for hours; in fact, the needlepoint pillows in the photo became the inspirational springboard for Tory’s collection of needlepoint pillows today.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Chef Marcus Samuelsson On: Food Memories & His Book Off Duty Wed, Oct 22, 2014
- Entertaining Word of Mouth: Dirty French Sun, Sep 28, 2014
- Entertaining David Netto On: Favorite Hotels Around the World Thu, Sep 18, 2014
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Spring 2015 After-Show Lunch Tue, Sep 9, 2014
- Entertaining NYFW: Meredith Melling & Valerie Boster’s Best Bars & Parties Sat, Sep 6, 2014