From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Interior Design Spotlight: David Netto on François Catroux Thu, Sep 22, 2016
- Entertaining Spring/Summer 2017: Post-Show Lunch Tue, Sep 13, 2016
- Entertaining NYFW Recipe: Santina’s Manganelli Punch & Salerno Sling Sun, Sep 11, 2016
- Entertaining NYFW To Visit: Cha Cha Matcha Sat, Sep 10, 2016
- Entertaining Tory’s Pro Shop: Blueberry & Fig Açaí Bowl Recipe Sun, Aug 21, 2016