From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Pressed Juicery’s Recipe Book Fri, Mar 20, 2015
- Entertaining Entrepreneurs: Harmless Harvest’s Douglas Riboud & Justin Guilbert Wed, Mar 18, 2015
- Entertaining To Do: Madoo & Landscape Architect Peter Wirtz Mon, Mar 16, 2015
- Entertaining Recipe: Charles Joly’s Jolly Roger Cocktail Thu, Mar 12, 2015
- Entertaining To Read: Vogue’s Book of Etiquette and Good Manners Wed, Mar 11, 2015