From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 9.9.17 Spring/Summer 2018: Landscape Artist Miranda Brooks on the Runway Garden
- Entertaining 9.8.17 Spring/Summer 2018: Post-Show Lunch
- Entertaining 9.6.17 NYFW Inspiration: In the Words of David Hicks
- Entertaining 9.5.17 As Seen In: Architectural Digest
- Entertaining 8.20.17 Did You Know? D. Porthault’s Legendary Linens