From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Chef Jonathan Waxman On: Food Memories &… Eggs Sat, Nov 22, 2014
- Entertaining Author Mimi Thorisson On: A Kitchen in France Fri, Nov 21, 2014
- Entertaining To Read: Valentino: At the Emperor’s Table Thu, Nov 20, 2014
- Entertaining Designer Jenni Kayne On: Hostess Gifts & Tips Wed, Nov 19, 2014
- Entertaining Most Wanted: Fretwork Candles Tue, Nov 18, 2014