From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining To Read: Robert Kime Sat, Jan 30, 2016
- Entertaining Recipe: Hartwood’s Jicama Salad with Mint Crema Thu, Jan 14, 2016
- Entertaining Recipe: Roasted New Mexico Chile Salsa Wed, Jan 6, 2016
- Entertaining Holiday Issue: Dinner-Party Arrangements Master Class Fri, Dec 18, 2015
- Entertaining Holiday Issue: Designer Raphaëlla Riboud’s Party Primer Tue, Dec 15, 2015