From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Parish-Hadley Interiors Wed, Sep 30, 2015
- Entertaining Sport Issue: Gazpacho with Avocado & Cherry Tomatoes Recipe Fri, Sep 25, 2015
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Dodie Thayer for Tory Burch in London Mon, Sep 21, 2015
- Entertaining Spring/Summer 2016: Post-Show Lunch Tue, Sep 15, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Word of Mouth: Mr. Fong’s Wed, Sep 9, 2015