There’s something unexpected and dramatic about a big bouquet of bright indigo blooms, especially when they skew toward the violet side of the spectrum. The color carries all the regal qualities associated with imperial blues and purples — and it’s coolly romantic, too. Plus, the hue is right in step with the tie-dye trend of the season; the word indigo takes after the Greek word indikon, a blue dye from India.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: The Swizzle Wed, Mar 5, 2014
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Fall 2014 Post-Show Lunch Tue, Feb 11, 2014
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Even Editors Eat Sun, Feb 9, 2014
- Entertaining Chef Simpson Wong On: Lunar New Year Feasts & Fêtes Fri, Jan 31, 2014
- Entertaining Recipes: Chateau Marmont Cocktails Thu, Jan 16, 2014