There’s something unexpected and dramatic about a big bouquet of bright indigo blooms, especially when they skew toward the violet side of the spectrum. The color carries all the regal qualities associated with imperial blues and purples — and it’s coolly romantic, too. Plus, the hue is right in step with the tie-dye trend of the season; the word indigo takes after the Greek word indikon, a blue dye from India.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Thanksgiving Dinner Wed, Nov 27, 2013
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: A Thanksgiving Arrangement Wed, Nov 27, 2013
- Entertaining Kevin West On: Pumpkin Butter & Thanksgiving Prep Mon, Nov 25, 2013
- Entertaining Jessica Seinfeld On: Cooking for Non-Cooks Sun, Nov 24, 2013
- Entertaining To See: Cherry Bombe’s Foodie Feast Sat, Nov 23, 2013