There’s something unexpected and dramatic about a big bouquet of bright indigo blooms, especially when they skew toward the violet side of the spectrum. The color carries all the regal qualities associated with imperial blues and purples — and it’s coolly romantic, too. Plus, the hue is right in step with the tie-dye trend of the season; the word indigo takes after the Greek word indikon, a blue dye from India.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 7.17.18 Editor-In-Chief Sarah Bray On: Must-Visit Gardens in the Hamptons
- Entertaining 7.16.18 Ice Cream Spotlight On: Milkmade
- Entertaining 7.3.18 Ice Cream Spotlight On: Malai
- Entertaining 6.28.18 Ice Cream Spotlight On: Taiyaki NYC
- Entertaining 6.28.18 Interior Designer Amy Berry On: Top 5 Table-Setting Tips