There’s something unexpected and dramatic about a big bouquet of bright indigo blooms, especially when they skew toward the violet side of the spectrum. The color carries all the regal qualities associated with imperial blues and purples — and it’s coolly romantic, too. Plus, the hue is right in step with the tie-dye trend of the season; the word indigo takes after the Greek word indikon, a blue dye from India.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 4.19.18 Berlin Issue: Inside the Dinner Party
- Entertaining 4.9.18 Getaway Issue: Interior Designer Amanda Lindroth’s Guide to the Bahamas
- Entertaining 4.1.18 Tory Entertains: Easter Table Setting
- Culture 3.1.18 Spring 2018: Spotlight on Artist Luke Edward Hall
- Entertaining 2.24.18 Spring 2018: Top 5 Cinematic Interiors