Last night, Lady Gaga received the CFDA’s Icon award. The very first winner, in 2002, was the unforgettable C.Z. Guest, the very epitome of grace, beauty and style. Here, in 1950, C.Z. wears a floral dress and cropped jacket by Mainbocher, one of her favorites along with Givenchy. While she was the perfect model for couture, she was just as often photographed in a plain white T-shirt and shorts or a romper. She was truly All-American.
More to explore in Style
- Style Most Wanted: The Fleming Bag Tue, Aug 26, 2014
- Style Editor’s Style Tip: Workweek Chic Mon, Aug 25, 2014
- Style Mentorship: Style.com’s Nicole Phelps Sat, Aug 23, 2014
- Style Video: Sunglass Style, Entrance to Exit Fri, Aug 15, 2014
- Style Beach Style: VivaLuxury’s Annabelle Fleur Thu, Aug 14, 2014