Last night, Lady Gaga received the CFDA’s Icon award. The very first winner, in 2002, was the unforgettable C.Z. Guest, the very epitome of grace, beauty and style. Here, in 1950, C.Z. wears a floral dress and cropped jacket by Mainbocher, one of her favorites along with Givenchy. While she was the perfect model for couture, she was just as often photographed in a plain white T-shirt and shorts or a romper. She was truly All-American.
More to explore in Style
- Style Day in the Life: Marie Claire’s Jessica Minkoff Wed, Jul 30, 2014
- Style Most Wanted: Fitbit Flex Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- Style Just One Thing: The Printed Scarf Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- Beauty Rachel Antonoff On: Scents & Silliness Fri, Jul 11, 2014
- Style Double Take: Pamela Skaist-Levy & Gela Nash-Taylor Sat, Jul 5, 2014