Happy New Year! Tory Daily brings you a classic cocktail from the island of Mustique — where Tory rang in the New Year — and the legendary Basil’s Bar. Perhaps even more renowned than this cocktail spot, frequented by everyone from Kate Moss to Kate Middleton, is its barman: the magnetic, charismatic Basil Charles. Here, the recipe for its famous rum punch — straight from the man himself.
Basil’s Rum Punch
1 l orange juice
750 ml pineapple juice
3 l strong rum
750 ml grenadine syrup
300 ml lime juice
1.5 l water
Mix and serve over ice after a few days. The longer it sits, the better it is.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Mother’s Day: Let Them Eat Cake Wed, May 6, 2015
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Mother’s Day Menu Mon, May 4, 2015
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Chef April Bloomfield Fri, Apr 24, 2015
- Entertaining To Read: Bunny Williams On Garden Style Wed, Apr 22, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Valentina Scambia’s Guide to the Entertaining Scene Sat, Apr 18, 2015