Happy New Year! Tory Daily brings you a classic cocktail from the island of Mustique — where Tory rang in the New Year — and the legendary Basil’s Bar. Perhaps even more renowned than this cocktail spot, frequented by everyone from Kate Moss to Kate Middleton, is its barman: the magnetic, charismatic Basil Charles. Here, the recipe for its famous rum punch — straight from the man himself.
Basil’s Rum Punch
1 l orange juice
750 ml pineapple juice
3 l strong rum
750 ml grenadine syrup
300 ml lime juice
1.5 l water
Mix and serve over ice after a few days. The longer it sits, the better it is.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.18.17 Recipes: Pomegranate Rum Sour & Coconut-Crusted Prawns
- Entertaining 1.17.17 Meet the Restaurateur: Three Little Birds’ April Jackson
- Entertaining 12.29.16 Tory’s Pro Shop: Recipe, Sakara’s Toast with Toppers
- Entertaining 12.28.16 Model Danielle Peita Graham On: Home Cooking & East-Meets-West Flavors
- Entertaining 12.25.16 Holiday Issue: Let It Snow, Let It Snow… & Enjoy Our Spiced Hot Chocolate