Happy New Year! Tory Daily brings you a classic cocktail from the island of Mustique — where Tory rang in the New Year — and the legendary Basil’s Bar. Perhaps even more renowned than this cocktail spot, frequented by everyone from Kate Moss to Kate Middleton, is its barman: the magnetic, charismatic Basil Charles. Here, the recipe for its famous rum punch — straight from the man himself.
Basil’s Rum Punch
1 l orange juice
750 ml pineapple juice
3 l strong rum
750 ml grenadine syrup
300 ml lime juice
1.5 l water
Mix and serve over ice after a few days. The longer it sits, the better it is.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 5.10.18 Mother’s Day: Recipes from The Missoni Family Cookbook
- Entertaining 5.9.18 Mother’s Day: Inside the Private Gardens of the Design World
- Entertaining 5.9.18 Mother’s Day: Most Wanted, Oiseau Tableware
- Entertaining 5.6.18 Mother’s Day: To Visit, Paris’ Pink Mamma
- Entertaining 5.5.18 Mother’s Day: Editors’ Decor Tip