Windows up or windows down, we’re on the road this summer. Whether it’s Route 66 or Route 27, to the Grand Canyon or to the Rockaways, it’s a great song or two that help us through the traffic and keeps us moving even at a standstill. Here are some tunes that may not help you get there faster, but will make the journey more memorable. It’s a good return trip, too.
Listen on Spotify now.
- Wimmen From Coast To Coast — Lightnin’ Hopkins, Big Joe Williams, Sonny Terry, Brownie McGhee
- On the Road Again — Canned Heat
- Hideaway — Eric Clapton, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers
- Hey Bo — Eddie Bo
- It’s Up To You Now — The Black Keys
- Life of Sin — Sturgill Simpson
- The Wind — Zac Brown Band
- When Will I Be Loved — Linda Ronstadt
- Drive South — John Hiatt
- Wine Lips — Lydia Loveless
- Road Runner (Single Version) — Bo Diddley
- Get It While You Can — Janis Joplin
- Come Running — Van Morrison
- Ain’t Nothing You Can Do (Single Version) — Bobby Bland
Download the full playlist on iTunes.
More to explore in Music
- Music 10.6.17 Tory’s Playlist: Did Someone Say Cocktails?
- Music 8.31.17 Music Issue: To Read, What Is Hip-Hop?
- Music 8.30.17 Music Issue: Singer-Songwriter Mafalda’s Guide to New York City
- Music 8.30.17 Music Issue: In the Words of Debbie Harry
- Music 8.29.17 Music Issue Day in the Life: Universal Music Publishing Group’s Jody Gerson