French bistro Le Bilboquet caused a shockwave through New York’s Upper East Side when its doors shut last winter. It’s where ladies who lunch, well, lunch — alongside a host of bold-faced names such as Sting and Bill Clinton. Fortunately for its devoted following, it reopened in a new location a few blocks away on East 60th — and the late-night table dancing and perennially packed lunch hour have returned as well. As the mercury rises and our thoughts turn to the perfect spring salad, we couldn’t think of anyone more fitting than Chef Julien Jouhannaud there to consult on the ultimate Salad Niçoise.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Interior Designer Jacques Grange Fri, Aug 15, 2014
- Entertaining Insta-Scene: The Tabletop Mon, Aug 4, 2014
- Entertaining Meet the Bloggers: The New Potato’s Danielle & Laura Kosann Mon, Aug 4, 2014
- Entertaining Expert Guide: Victoria Amory’s Mustard 101 Sun, Aug 3, 2014
- Entertaining Day in the Life: Chef Adam Ben’Ous Sun, Aug 3, 2014