French bistro Le Bilboquet caused a shockwave through New York’s Upper East Side when its doors shut last winter. It’s where ladies who lunch, well, lunch — alongside a host of bold-faced names such as Sting and Bill Clinton. Fortunately for its devoted following, it reopened in a new location a few blocks away on East 60th — and the late-night table dancing and perennially packed lunch hour have returned as well. As the mercury rises and our thoughts turn to the perfect spring salad, we couldn’t think of anyone more fitting than Chef Julien Jouhannaud there to consult on the ultimate Salad Niçoise.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Meet the Restaurateur: The Palm’s Bruce Bozzi, Jr. Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Fall 2015 Post-Show Lunch Wed, Feb 18, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Word of Mouth: Aire Ancient Baths Wed, Feb 11, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Guide: Photographer Douglas Friedman’s New York Nights Sat, Feb 7, 2015