Tory offers a peek into her own garden oasis and its inspiration
“This is the garden outside my bedroom window. A lot of the inspiration behind my Summer 2014 collection stems from here and my love of gardens in general. There’s a print, for example, based on the Queen Anne’s lace flowers.
“I worked with landscape artist Perry Guillot on the layout, which was inspired by the original lawn dating back to 1929. We actually pulled archival photos and recreated the footprint of the planted bed areas. You’ll find everything from boxwoods, delphiniums and rhododendrons to pale pink roses. I especially love the deep purple-blue of the salvia flowers.
“I get my passion for fresh flowers from my mother Reva — she’s an organic gardener. When I was growing up, she grew all our vegetables! I continue the tradition to this day. Tomatoes, lemongrass, chives, loofah, watermelon and eggplant — I’ve planted them all, at one time or another.” — Tory
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Chef April Bloomfield Fri, Apr 24, 2015
- Entertaining To Read: Bunny Williams On Garden Style Wed, Apr 22, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Valentina Scambia’s Guide to the Entertaining Scene Sat, Apr 18, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Gelato in the City Wed, Apr 15, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Shop Martina Mondadori’s Cabana Magazine on 1stdibs Tue, Apr 14, 2015