101 Reasons to Love New York: Music
The streets of New York are filled with music. Buskers on Subway platforms, performers in Washington Square Park, live bands at a local bar. Wherever you go, there is rhythm. The city has helped kick-start the careers of countless musicians — Blondie, The Strokes, Billie Holiday — and inspired songs spanning genres and decades. It is a place of unmatched creativity and opportunity. To start off our 101 Reasons to Love New York series, we created a playlist of 38 songs that evoke the energy and dynamism of New York City.
More to explore in Music
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love
- Music 4.25.22 Mother’s Day Mixtape