Just One Thing: Collecting Matchbooks
Goodbye, stamps. Adios, coined currency. Our latest obsession is collecting matchbooks, A.K.A. phillumeny. Grab one everywhere you go and soon you’ll have a curated collection of great graphic design and font work — not to mention memorable keepsakes of your travels. Fun fact: Per the Guinness Book of World Records, a 1927 matchbook celebrating Charles Lindbergh’s flight across the Atlantic sold for a cool $6,000 in 2015. Not bad for a collectible you can easily pick up gratis.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations