Shanghai Issue: Tory’s Day in the Life
- Tory at the Shanghai flagship, wearing a look from Spring 2015, photographed by Noa Griffel
- Tory with actresses Kim Hee-Seon, left, and Zhang Ziyi at the store opening ceremony
- Actress Zhang Ziyi and Tory inside the Shanghai flagship
- Model Tian Yi arriving at the party, wearing Tory’s Stacy dress
This week, Tory went to Shanghai to celebrate the opening of our flagship boutique there and, every day, she met new people and experienced new things — especially on this day in her life.
- 7:00 AM
- Getting hair and makeup ready… a host of interviews today! Call my boys before they go to bed.
- 9:00 AM
- CNBC interview done. Next up, reporters from Modern Lady China and Singapore Media. Vogue China’s Angelica Cheung is tomorrow — I’m a huge fan. She contributed to our new book Tory Burch In Color.
- 10:30 AM
- Meeting with some amazing local entrepreneurs to discuss their goals, aspirations and hurdles in their small businesses. Inspiring morning!
- Team lunch back at the hotel. Catching up on work emails…
- 4:00 PM
- Tea with our Asian partners at The Peninsula Hotel. Can’t thank them enough for sticking with us for the last 10 years!
- 6:00 PM
- Arrive early at our Kerry Centre boutique. I couldn’t be more proud! It’s incredible, and we’re so lucky to be here.
- 6:15 PM
- The first guests to the party arrive. My friend Marjorie Gubelmann, a.k.a. DJ Mad Marj, created the best playlist for the event, kicking off with David Bowie’s Young Americans.
- 7:00 PM
- Quick text to my boys to say good morning and have a good day.
- 9:00 PM
- Head over to The Peninsula for our celebratory dinner, featuring performances by dancer Lil Buck and pianist Mattias Mimoun. Afterwards, I head back to my room for a conference call with the New York office… Their day is just beginning.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’