Cherry Bombe founders Kerry Diamond and Claudia Wu talk food, inspirationand surprising fashion-foodie friendships.
- Why the name Cherry Bombe?
It just came to us and seemed like the perfect name. It’s a play on the French ice cream dessert,
The Runaways song and the little red firework.
- What is Cherry Bombe’s mission?
To celebrate amazing women doing interesting things in the world of food and create a community of like-minded people in the process. Sometimes the food world can seem restricted to what’s on The Food Network, but it’s so much more.
- Did you try every recipe in the book?
No! We trusted the chefs who gave us recipes and tested all the others. Our favorite was Tandoori Murgh Chicken (pg. 126). It might be the best chicken we ever had. We’ll definitely test everything in Issue #2. Any potential recipe testers out there, email us!
- What was the most surprising revelation in the issue?
- Best advice you received while putting Cherry Bombe together?
I don’t know if it was the best advice, but it was the funniest. Our friend Jorge told us, “Make it sexy, girls!” I think Cherry Bombe is more chic than sexy, but I guess it depends on your definition of sexy!
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.9.19 Entertaining with an Entrepreneurial Twist
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Tory On: Thanksgiving Preparations
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Are Flowers The New Zodiac Signs?
- Entertaining 11.26.19 A Tory Burch Thanksgiving in Milan