The artist’s been on the surfing scene since the Sixties — and has been recording his experiences, collage-style, in journals throughout. Get the prints at New York’s Clic Gallery and read his description of the above work, from the Eighties and dubbed “Teddy,” here.
“I was in Montauk for a spring snowstorm. On the left is the Andy Warhol invite to Teddy Kennedy’s fundraiser. The Polaroid is of decorator Sam Slomon and writer and surfer Allan Weisbecker. Eric Eastman’s pic of him sanding the rail of a surfboard is at the bottom. Things were hot and heavy in Iran with the Shah….” — Tony
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub
- Culture 11.12.19 Glamour Woman of the Year: Tory Burch
- Culture 11.4.19 Tina Barney’s Holiday Memories and Inspiration
- Culture 10.29.19 Must Visit: The Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Abu Dhabi
- Culture 10.29.19 A Day at Louvre Abu Dhabi