The artist’s been on the surfing scene since the Sixties — and has been recording his experiences, collage-style, in journals throughout. Get the prints at New York’s Clic Gallery and read his description of the above work, from the Eighties and dubbed “Teddy,” here.
“I was in Montauk for a spring snowstorm. On the left is the Andy Warhol invite to Teddy Kennedy’s fundraiser. The Polaroid is of decorator Sam Slomon and writer and surfer Allan Weisbecker. Eric Eastman’s pic of him sanding the rail of a surfboard is at the bottom. Things were hot and heavy in Iran with the Shah….” — Tony
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years