Photo-philes, you’re going to love this. To celebrate its 60th anniversary, nonprofit publisher and photo organization Aperture Foundation is holding a major auction Tuesday evening at Gotham Hall in New York, from 6-9:30 PM. There are 60 lots in all, everything from Chuck Close’s famous portrait of Kate Moss to a breathtaking shot of Grace Kelly by Elliott Erwitt. Also going under the gavel: works by Robert Mapplethorpe, Diane Arbus, Sally Mann, Paul Strand, Dawoud Bey and Aperture co-founders Ansel Adams and Dorothea Lange. Not in town? No problem; absentee bidding is available.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!