Photo-philes, you’re going to love this. To celebrate its 60th anniversary, nonprofit publisher and photo organization Aperture Foundation is holding a major auction Tuesday evening at Gotham Hall in New York, from 6-9:30 PM. There are 60 lots in all, everything from Chuck Close’s famous portrait of Kate Moss to a breathtaking shot of Grace Kelly by Elliott Erwitt. Also going under the gavel: works by Robert Mapplethorpe, Diane Arbus, Sally Mann, Paul Strand, Dawoud Bey and Aperture co-founders Ansel Adams and Dorothea Lange. Not in town? No problem; absentee bidding is available.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub