The mood-lifting power of music is undeniable. Earlier this month, Les Filles founder Bec Adams came together with a crew of close friends — fellow musicians Zoe Gitter and Rainey Qualley and photographer Britt Lucas — to capture a fall afternoon in the California sun. “We all felt that fall was upon us,” says Adams. “It is a time of fun, a time to feel a little unhinged, but, most importantly, a time to always dance.” To complement Lucas’s dreamlike photographs, the creative foursome decided to document the spirit of the day with a playlist of 16 songs. Head over to Les Filles’ Spotify for a round-up of iconic hits like Pata Pata by Miriam Makeba and dance favorites such as Disclosure’s Douha.
More to explore in Music
- Music 10.30.20 Les Filles’ Playlist for Festive Fall Days
- Music 9.8.20 Musician Layla Kardan on Her Inspirations and Proudest Moments
- Music 8.31.20 Alice Smith Brought Down The House at Fall/Winter 2020
- Music 7.3.20 A Feel-Good July 4th Playlist
- Music 5.13.20 Pump Up the Volume: A Mad Marj Original Playlist