Make some room on your bookshelves (or coffee table) because there’s a new magazine in town: Document Journal, founded by Nick Vogelson and James Valeri. See Anna Dello Russo through Maurizio Cattelan’s provocative lens. Read Charles Renfro’s interview with architects from the Cuban Revolution. Or check the watercolors by Jack Pierson. The rest of the roster in this luxe cocktail of art, culture and fashion is equally impressive; contributors include Francesco Vezzoli, René Ricard, Laurie Simmons and Erwin Blumenfeld.
To celebrate the launch, there’s a party at Bookmarc tomorrow night, with window installations by Rachel Feinstein and Ricky Clifton. Maripol will be on hand shooting Polaroids. Meanwhile the after-party, at No. 8, will bring out another New York icon (and Document subject): Joey Arias is expected to perform.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years