To get a quick fix now, try the jacket over white jeans with a neutral t-shirt or lightweight knit. (Even in August, we always keep a second layer handy — if your office is anything like ours, those air-conditioned summer days can get chilly.) Later into autumn, the go-to uniform is bare legs and pencil skirts, topped off with some boyish basics, like a classic sweater and two-tone flats. After the first frost, go all-out ladylike with a floral secretary blouse, spectator heels and bright tights. Et voilà — tweed has never looked so chic: Shop the Looks.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes