While many of us find ourselves at home for the foreseeable future, the discovery of new songs is more than a small pleasure—it’s an absolute soul-saver. Everything they say—music heals, music makes the world go round, music is the universal language—is all true, especially in times like now. That’s why when Tory’s dear friend Marjorie Gubelmann—otherwise known as Today Show regular DJ Mad Marj—surprised us with two of her epic mixes, we knew these were meant to be shared far and wide. The first playlist is an upbeat selection of throwback songs, from OutKast’s The Way You Move to George Michael’s iconic hit Faith, while the second seamlessly blends decades and genres, following up Yaz’s Situation with Lizzo’s 2019 anthem Juice. Check out the links below and have a listen—and maybe even a living room dance party.
More to explore in Music
- Music 4.2.20 The New Global Songbook
- Music 3.31.20 These Digital Dance Parties are The Ultimate Release
- Music 3.20.20 DJ Mad Marj is Here for Your Living Room Dance Party
- Music 2.13.20 A Playlist Influenced by the Fall/Winter 2020 Soundtrack
- Music 2.10.20 Alice Smith Brought Down The House at Fall/Winter 2020