Hairstylist Guido Palau designed a style that felt no less fresh and uncontrived. He and his team of stylists applied Redken Extreme Play Safe leave-in protector and then blow-dried models’ hair, finishing off with a flat iron to create a slight bend. They then proceeded to center-part the hair, creating twists out of the two front sections, which were connected high at the back of the head with a clear elastic. The tied section was threaded under itself, to hide the elastic and create an effect that Palau joked reminded him of the Topsy Tail hair tool from late-night television. “There’s nothing new here,” he said. “This look could have been worn by a grandmother or a 70s California girl.” Or, you know, a thoroughly modern woman.
More to explore in Experts
- Experts 3.29.19 Equal Pay Day
- Experts 12.24.18 5 Ways to Dial Down Holiday Stress
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio