If you’re a Millennial with an Instagram account, you probably know @violetclair. Even if you fall into a different demographic, it wouldn’t be surprising if the name sounded familiar. Taking the mantle from the iconic Cathy comic strip (1976-2010), @violetclair (or Samantha Rothenberg, as her friends and family know her) chronicles the experience of the single, style-conscious woman to absolutely hilarious effect. Knowing what a fan of color the Brooklyn-based artist is, we sent her our Butterfly Handknit Turtleneck sweater, and she whipped up a thank you note like nothing we’ve ever seen before. Happy New Year from @violetclair and all of us at Tory Daily.
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection