Why do you love blue? It’s a cool color, literally. I have so many great associations with it — Yves Klein, one of my favorite artists; blue-and-white pottery and ceramics; blue hydrangeas — even blues music. They’re all things I love.
Why blue right now? Blue has been a constant topic of conversation around the office lately. Our new collection is full of navy and different shades of blue. It’s always been one of my favorites. It’s an alternative to black.
What colors work best with blue? For summer, it looks crisp against white; in fall, it’s great against black. I see navy as a neutral and pair it with brights (red, orange, yellow or teal), pastels (pink, cream or mint), metals (warm golds or cool silvers) and browns (camel and snakeskin). I also love blue against other shades of blue.
What’s your favorite print? I can’t pick just one. Geometrics, florals, stripes… I love them all, and blue makes the perfect background or accent color for them.
Does it look good on everyone? Yes. Blue — especially navy — is universally flattering. It always looks of-the-moment.
Where is the blue wall in this photo? Marrakech, a city full of blues: Majorelle, navy, aqua, cerulean…
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection