Christian Moya, the master tequilero and sommelier at the Esperanza resort in Cabo San Lucas, shares his recipe for a Mexican cocktail with a kick.
2 oz silver tequila (100% blue agave)
1 oz pineapple juice
4 cucumber slices
1 ½ cucumber slices, for garnish
7 fresh cilantro leaves
½ oz freshly squeezed lime
½ oz agave honey or simple syrup
1 tsp Tajin powder pepper (chili pepper seasoning, lime and salt powder)
Put the 4 cucumber slices, the cilantro leaves and tequila in a shaker. Mash with a pestle and strain. Add the rest of ingredients in the shaker (except the Tajin powder), fill the shaker with ice and shake for 10 seconds. Serve in a margarita or whiskey glass. Optional: Rim glass with Tajin.
If you prefer to have your Cabo Green Margarita frozen, add all the ingredients — except the Tajin powder — into a blender.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 9.12.19 Carlos Mota On Why Beige Is Not A Color
- Entertaining 9.8.19 Spring/Summer 2020: Post-Show Lunch
- Entertaining 9.8.19 Spring/Summer 2020: Pre-Show Breakfast
- Entertaining 7.29.19 Sunset Dinner with Ally Lewis in Amagansett
- Entertaining 7.28.19 Entrepreneur Aishwarya Iyer on Embracing Ambition and EVOO