When Elsa met Miuccia — it’s the premise behind this year’s exhibit from the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum. For Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, director Baz Luhrmann (of Moulin Rouge fame) created videos of simulated conversations between the two great designers, drawing a straight line between their ideas and designs, from their unconventional ideas of beauty to their love of exotic materials and surreal details. Tonight, the fashion flock is lining up the red carpet — the Vogue editors in Schiaparelli’s signature pink — in celebration at the annual Met Gala.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub