In tune with our new Toronto boutique (open tomorrow), DJ Brendan Fallis, now based in NY, tells us what he loves about his Canadian hometown and shares his current playlist.
Favorite album is... Do people really still listen to full albums? I hope so.
Favorite place to DJ… A dance party in a club. Seeing everyone's hands in the air and people losing control to what you're playing is an amazing feeling.
I love Toronto because... Of the cleanliness and because there are so many cool areas popping up — Ossington and Dundas West have cool restaurant scenes. The people in Toronto are also amazing and fill the "Nice Canadian" stereotype. When you live there you don't realize it, but once you've left, you really see it.
Best piece of advice I've ever received is... To be positive and live one day at a time. You never know what's around the corner.
My charity is... Pencils of Promise and Free Arts. Both having a focus on educating children.
Right now, I'm listening to... Theophilus London - Wine and Chocolates Q Lazzurus - Goodbye Horses (Extended Version) Miike Snow - Paddling Out Crystal Fighters - Plage Starsmith - Lesson One (Extended Mix)
More to explore in Music
- Music 3.31.20 These Digital Dance Parties are The Ultimate Release
- Music 3.20.20 DJ Mad Marj is Here for Your Living Room Dance Party
- Music 2.13.20 A Playlist Influenced by the Fall/Winter 2020 Soundtrack
- Music 2.10.20 Alice Smith Brought Down The House at Fall/Winter 2020
- Music 1.22.20 A Playlist to Take You Places