If you’re lucky enough to get your hands on a copy of Garry Winogrand’s Women are Beautiful, hold on tight — they’re out of print and are hard to find.
Straight from Winogrand’s wide-angle lens, Women are Beautiful, published in 1975, features 85 sharp photographic observations highlighting the everyday lives of women’s style and fight for equal rights in post-war America. The photographer is best-known for capturing the vibrancy of New York City life during the 1960s and is largely credited with inspiring the off-the-cuff photography style in the age of Instagram.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub