The who’s who of the art world flocked to Miami last week for Art Basel. Pari Ehsan, or @PariDust, hit the town in our Embroidered Organza skirt and t-shirt — an ocean blue set to match the beach backdrop. Here, we caught up with Ehsan between events to discuss the intersection of fashion and art at Art Basel Miami Beach.
Art Basel Miami Beach is …
A layered sensory experience — the frenetic art fairs, exuberant exhibitions, sand and sea…The aura of Miami teases out your most experimental self.
My essentials for Art Basel…
Looks that embody the personality of Miami’s Art Deco eclecticism and, of course, the artworks!
Highlights from this year’s event…
The Judy Chicago and Larry Bell exhibitions at the Institute of Contemporary Art in Miami’s Design District were absolute highlights for me. The ICA opening, coupled with W magazine’s annual artists’ dinner at the waterfront home of Petra and Stephen Levin overflowing with art, made for a magical evening.
My gallery would be filled with…
Multi-dimensional artwork that interacts with light and space. I want to create something fully immersive — using furniture as sculpture and even displaying garments that a viewer could wear to become one with the environment.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes