Q: Horizontal stripes are such a big trend, but they make me look wide. How can I still wear them? — Chiara, San Francisco
A: Think vertical! Up-and-down stripes elongate and are just as of-the-moment as horizontal lines. They’re flattering on everyone. I love cropped pants, but because I’m 5’4″, they don’t always work. I wear our striped, cropped Emett pants with a tonal wedge, and I look taller instantly. — Tory
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection