If you’re office-bound like us, counting down the days till the weekend, we have the next best thing: The Swimming Pool in Photography, out this month by Hatje Cantz. It’s a stunner of a book and covers the culture and visual history of pool life, as captured by the world’s greatest photographers: Henri Cartier-Bresson, Jacques Henri Lartigue, Martin Parr, George Hoyningen-Huene, Martine Franck, Harry Benson and many others. Check out the Beatles swimming in Miami, Slim Aarons’ sun-kissed BP, a languid Faye Dunaway poolside at the Beverly Hills Hotel, not to mention one gorgeously designed swimming pool after another, including some practically floating in the sky.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub