1. Be nice to the body before you fold it up like a lawn chair for a gazillion hours. Get a good night’s sleep the night before you travel and drink lots of water. Do not drink alcohol at the airport.
2. Adjust your schedule in advance. In the days before your flight, stay up later or go to bed earlier.
3. Don’t drink caffeine. The point is to sleep on long flights.
4. Come prepared — warm socks, earplugs, sleep mask, scarf….
5. If possible, don’t eat before you fly. When you wake up, have a big breakfast.
6. Soak up some sun — this can trick the body into thinking it’s your usual morning time.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub
- Culture 11.12.19 Glamour Woman of the Year: Tory Burch
- Culture 11.4.19 Tina Barney’s Holiday Memories and Inspiration
- Culture 10.29.19 Must Visit: The Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Abu Dhabi