1. The first thing you should do when you walk into a party is thank the host or hostess.
2. Bring something — anything — as a party favor.
3. Do at a party what you would want someone to do at your party.
4. Avoid being cliquish. If you’re holding court, invite wallflowers into your circle.
5. If you spill something, take responsibility, grab a rag and club soda and clean it up.
6. Before you go, you must thank a hostess for having you.
7. Send a thank-you note.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 2.19.20 Why Tory Wants You to Get to Know Simone Veil
- Culture 2.18.20 The Tory Burch Foundation: The Backstory
- Culture 2.17.20 Preparing for Pisces Season, One Horoscope at a Time
- Culture 2.10.20 5 Questions with Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 1.29.20 Invite Yourself to This New York City Dinner Party ASAP