1. The first thing you should do when you walk into a party is thank the host or hostess.
2. Bring something — anything — as a party favor.
3. Do at a party what you would want someone to do at your party.
4. Avoid being cliquish. If you’re holding court, invite wallflowers into your circle.
5. If you spill something, take responsibility, grab a rag and club soda and clean it up.
6. Before you go, you must thank a hostess for having you.
7. Send a thank-you note.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years