1. The first thing you should do when you walk into a party is thank the host or hostess.
2. Bring something — anything — as a party favor.
3. Do at a party what you would want someone to do at your party.
4. Avoid being cliquish. If you’re holding court, invite wallflowers into your circle.
5. If you spill something, take responsibility, grab a rag and club soda and clean it up.
6. Before you go, you must thank a hostess for having you.
7. Send a thank-you note.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 4.6.20 Culture Club: Five Serialized Podcasts to Make the Time Fly By
- Culture 4.6.20 Man Repeller’s Edith Young Shares Her Zoom Tips
- Culture 3.31.20 Culture Club: Six Classics to Read at Home
- Culture 3.30.20 Thoroughly Modern Color Therapy
- Culture 3.25.20 Culture Club: Literary Escapism You Need More Than Ever