Silent film The Artist is a visual and auditory palette cleanser to get you through the cacophony of the holidays. The love story between a 1920s aging movie star and a rising starlet is beautifully told against dramatic sets, peppy tap dances and chic flapper ensembles. There’s even a spunky Jack Russel sidekick. Busby Berkeley would be proud.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years