Silent film The Artist is a visual and auditory palette cleanser to get you through the cacophony of the holidays. The love story between a 1920s aging movie star and a rising starlet is beautifully told against dramatic sets, peppy tap dances and chic flapper ensembles. There’s even a spunky Jack Russel sidekick. Busby Berkeley would be proud.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 4.6.20 Culture Club: Five Serialized Podcasts to Make the Time Fly By
- Culture 4.6.20 Man Repeller’s Edith Young Shares Her Zoom Tips
- Culture 3.31.20 Culture Club: Six Classics to Read at Home
- Culture 3.30.20 Thoroughly Modern Color Therapy
- Culture 3.25.20 Culture Club: Literary Escapism You Need More Than Ever