Everyone from Josephine Baker and Queen Elizabeth II to Catherine Deneuve and Cary Grant walked in Roger Vivier’s shoes. He was known for the pilgrim buckle pump, over-the-top thigh-high creations and kick-starting fashion’s obsession with the stiletto. If you’re a fan, over 400 of the famed designer’s shoes and paper collages are being auctioned at Aguttes right now.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes