Everyone from Josephine Baker and Queen Elizabeth II to Catherine Deneuve and Cary Grant walked in Roger Vivier’s shoes. He was known for the pilgrim buckle pump, over-the-top thigh-high creations and kick-starting fashion’s obsession with the stiletto. If you’re a fan, over 400 of the famed designer’s shoes and paper collages are being auctioned at Aguttes right now.
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.5.19 Chicken v. Baby Yoda: Who Wore It Best?
- Style 11.25.19 ‘Tis the Season to Get Your Cozy Sweater On
- Style 11.21.19 This Fashion Editor-Turned-Podcaster has Travel Top of Mind for the New Year
- Style 11.17.19 Just One Thing: Embrace Ambition Bracelets
- Style 11.17.19 Instagram-Approved Looks for the Holiday Season