Everyone from Josephine Baker and Queen Elizabeth II to Catherine Deneuve and Cary Grant walked in Roger Vivier’s shoes. He was known for the pilgrim buckle pump, over-the-top thigh-high creations and kick-starting fashion’s obsession with the stiletto. If you’re a fan, over 400 of the famed designer’s shoes and paper collages are being auctioned at Aguttes right now.
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection