1. Cell phones should not be visible at dinner.
2. Napkins belong on the lap, and should be placed there soon after sitting.
3. Don’t season your food, even with salt, until you’ve tried it, as it’s insulting to the chef.
4. Do not use your fingers to put food on a fork.
5. Chew with your mouth closed.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years