1. Cell phones should not be visible at dinner.
2. Napkins belong on the lap, and should be placed there soon after sitting.
3. Don’t season your food, even with salt, until you’ve tried it, as it’s insulting to the chef.
4. Do not use your fingers to put food on a fork.
5. Chew with your mouth closed.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.24.20 An Uncomplicatedly Delicious Lunar New Year With Chef Jenny Dorsey
- Culture 1.23.20 The Hot Ticket: Medea at BAM
- Culture 1.21.20 Our Lunar New Year Red Packet Explainer
- Culture 1.20.20 The Horoscope Doctor is In
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes