To fete Tory’s new beach pop-up at Selfridges London, we tapped Fashion Me Now’s Lucy Williams to take over the shop tonight for a spring styling session. But, dear Tory Daily readers, just because you’re not there doesn’t mean you can’t gain some of her street-style intel. Here, she shares her top style tips — plus her insider’s guide to the city.
My top three style tips…
1. Invest in great vintage jeans and a black leather biker jacket. They make dresses and statement pieces feel that bit more dressed down and easy going.
2. Don’t be a slave to trends and buy things you love.
3. Think in opposites. A sequined dress with trainers, T-shirt and jeans with red lipstick, a tweed jacket over a silk slip dress…. Opposing textures or styles can sometimes make the best combinations.
Leave your stilettos at home; boots are much more in line with London’s low-key style.My insider’s guide to London includes stops at…
A stroll down Portobello Road and Golborne Road; a drink at one of my favorite pubs The Cock and Bottle (or The Westbourne, if it’s sunny); a film at the Curzon cinema, and a day at Richmond Park with lunch at Petersham Nurseries.Best local eats…
108 Garage on Golborne Road for a delicious, inventive set-menu dinner in an industrial setting. Pentolina in Brook Green and Riccardos or Ziani’s in Chelsea for some of the best local Italians in London.Follow Lucy Williams on Instagram.#ToryDaily #ToryStories
More to explore in Style
- Style 4.1.20 Five Instagram Accounts Making Us Happy Right Now
- Style 3.31.20 Checking in with Espadrille Entrepreneur Libby Fitzgerald
- Style 3.24.20 This Instagram Account is a Treasure Trove of #WFH Fashion
- Style 3.16.20 Stripes: A Love Story
- Style 3.11.20 Watch the New Tory Pop-Up… Pop Up, in the Blink of an Eye