To fete Tory’s new beach pop-up at Selfridges London, we tapped Fashion Me Now’s Lucy Williams to take over the shop tonight for a spring styling session. But, dear Tory Daily readers, just because you’re not there doesn’t mean you can’t gain some of her street-style intel. Here, she shares her top style tips — plus her insider’s guide to the city.
My top three style tips…
1. Invest in great vintage jeans and a black leather biker jacket. They make dresses and statement pieces feel that bit more dressed down and easy going.
2. Don’t be a slave to trends and buy things you love.
3. Think in opposites. A sequined dress with trainers, T-shirt and jeans with red lipstick, a tweed jacket over a silk slip dress…. Opposing textures or styles can sometimes make the best combinations.
Leave your stilettos at home; boots are much more in line with London’s low-key style.My insider’s guide to London includes stops at…
A stroll down Portobello Road and Golborne Road; a drink at one of my favorite pubs The Cock and Bottle (or The Westbourne, if it’s sunny); a film at the Curzon cinema, and a day at Richmond Park with lunch at Petersham Nurseries.Best local eats…
108 Garage on Golborne Road for a delicious, inventive set-menu dinner in an industrial setting. Pentolina in Brook Green and Riccardos or Ziani’s in Chelsea for some of the best local Italians in London.Follow Lucy Williams on Instagram.#ToryDaily #ToryStories
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes
- Style 10.6.19 Aya Omasa on Her Dream Roles and Favorite Movies
- Style 10.3.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Dubai with Karen Wazen