Every dress tells a story — and no one knows this better than Hal Rubenstein, InStyle’s Fashion Director. In choosing 100 Unforgettable Dresses for his new book of the same name Rubenstein focuses not only on the frocks, but also on the woman who wore them and their larger impact on fashion. Here is Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw in “the one she got dumped in” — a trillion-tiered Versace the Sex and the City star wears the night she gets abandoned in Paris by the beau she’s followed there. Read more…
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.5.19 Chicken v. Baby Yoda: Who Wore It Best?
- Style 11.25.19 ‘Tis the Season to Get Your Cozy Sweater On
- Style 11.21.19 This Fashion Editor-Turned-Podcaster has Travel Top of Mind for the New Year
- Style 11.17.19 Just One Thing: Embrace Ambition Bracelets
- Style 11.17.19 Instagram-Approved Looks for the Holiday Season