Every dress tells a story — and no one knows this better than Hal Rubenstein, InStyle’s Fashion Director. In choosing 100 Unforgettable Dresses for his new book of the same name Rubenstein focuses not only on the frocks, but also on the woman who wore them and their larger impact on fashion. Here is Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw in “the one she got dumped in” — a trillion-tiered Versace the Sex and the City star wears the night she gets abandoned in Paris by the beau she’s followed there. Read more…
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection