- A few looks from the Shelburne Museum’s High Style exhibit
- Tory and Giovanni Bedin from the House of Worth
- Shelburne Museum trustee Diana Colgate with Marco Scarani, left, and Jamie Creel
- Embellished gowns from High Style
- Mario Grauso, President of Vera Wang and Sandy Golinkin
Tory recently visited Vermont’s Shelburne Museum to celebrate its new High Style exhibit. A unique mix of American and Modern art and fashion, the Shelburne was founded by Electra Havemeyer Webb — a true visionary with an incredible eye for art, architecture and fashion. Some highlights of the collection: the carriages; paintings by Manet, Degas and Homer; the exhibition buildings (historic structures Webb had moved to the site). Of course, we’re partial to the meticulously preserved fashion, from the House of Worth to Balenciaga.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!