Q: “Help! I’m getting bored with my usual table setting. How can I shake things up?” —Rosalind R.
A: “I have never shied away from mixing big, bold prints when dressing. I apply the same approach to setting a table for entertaining, too. Mix styles and textures, and have fun with your settings and don’t be afraid to incorporate playful details — like the handcrafted beaded and pom-pom napkin holders I use here, or interesting, small sculptures. The key to making everything look chic and cohesive? Stick with items in a similar color palette, which will keep the table from looking busy.” —Tory
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.5.19 Chicken v. Baby Yoda: Who Wore It Best?
- Style 11.25.19 ‘Tis the Season to Get Your Cozy Sweater On
- Style 11.21.19 This Fashion Editor-Turned-Podcaster has Travel Top of Mind for the New Year
- Style 11.17.19 Just One Thing: Embrace Ambition Bracelets
- Style 11.17.19 Instagram-Approved Looks for the Holiday Season