Q: “Help! I’m getting bored with my usual table setting. How can I shake things up?” —Rosalind R.
A: “I have never shied away from mixing big, bold prints when dressing. I apply the same approach to setting a table for entertaining, too. Mix styles and textures, and have fun with your settings and don’t be afraid to incorporate playful details — like the handcrafted beaded and pom-pom napkin holders I use here, or interesting, small sculptures. The key to making everything look chic and cohesive? Stick with items in a similar color palette, which will keep the table from looking busy.” —Tory
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes