Q: “Help! I’m getting bored with my usual table setting. How can I shake things up?” —Rosalind R.
A: “I have never shied away from mixing big, bold prints when dressing. I apply the same approach to setting a table for entertaining, too. Mix styles and textures, and have fun with your settings and don’t be afraid to incorporate playful details — like the handcrafted beaded and pom-pom napkin holders I use here, or interesting, small sculptures. The key to making everything look chic and cohesive? Stick with items in a similar color palette, which will keep the table from looking busy.” —Tory
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection