On November 21st, Grange’s personal collection goes under the hammer, culled from his own grand apartment in Paris — previously home to the French author Colette. There are 177 items, ranging from antiques to art to furnishings, from a Polaroid of Liza Minnelli by Andy Warhol to a curious bar table fashioned from two white ostriches with a giant egg balanced in the middle (below, paired with a green-and-white work by Daniel Buren). His eye for wondrous design is unparalleled — after all, he’s the interiors genius behind the homes of Saint Laurent, Paloma Picasso, Valentino, Barbara Gladstone and Francis Ford Coppola. Check out the full auction and make your bids — or, if you’re like us, simply inspiration shop — on Sotheby’s here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!