On November 21st, Grange’s personal collection goes under the hammer, culled from his own grand apartment in Paris — previously home to the French author Colette. There are 177 items, ranging from antiques to art to furnishings, from a Polaroid of Liza Minnelli by Andy Warhol to a curious bar table fashioned from two white ostriches with a giant egg balanced in the middle (below, paired with a green-and-white work by Daniel Buren). His eye for wondrous design is unparalleled — after all, he’s the interiors genius behind the homes of Saint Laurent, Paloma Picasso, Valentino, Barbara Gladstone and Francis Ford Coppola. Check out the full auction and make your bids — or, if you’re like us, simply inspiration shop — on Sotheby’s here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub