On November 21st, Grange’s personal collection goes under the hammer, culled from his own grand apartment in Paris — previously home to the French author Colette. There are 177 items, ranging from antiques to art to furnishings, from a Polaroid of Liza Minnelli by Andy Warhol to a curious bar table fashioned from two white ostriches with a giant egg balanced in the middle (below, paired with a green-and-white work by Daniel Buren). His eye for wondrous design is unparalleled — after all, he’s the interiors genius behind the homes of Saint Laurent, Paloma Picasso, Valentino, Barbara Gladstone and Francis Ford Coppola. Check out the full auction and make your bids — or, if you’re like us, simply inspiration shop — on Sotheby’s here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years