The Colony Palms Hotel in Palm Springs, a lush Mediterranean-inspired hideaway that will make you feel worlds away from the daily churn of a 9-to-5 life. Founded in 1936 as a speakeasy by mobster Al Wertheimer, it’s been revamped with an eye towards chic Marrakech decadence, courtesy of interior designer Martyn Lawrence-Bullard. You’ll love the elegant vibe, hammam-themed spa and Old Hollywood flair, not to mention the gorgeous pool surrounded by palms and scenic desert vistas. A 2016 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award winner, the Colony Palms is also a fantastic base from which to explore all the culture and great design destinations in the city.
P.S. As for the Seabiscuit connection, in the Fifties the hotel was owned by the son of the racehorse’s owner.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes