The Colony Palms Hotel in Palm Springs, a lush Mediterranean-inspired hideaway that will make you feel worlds away from the daily churn of a 9-to-5 life. Founded in 1936 as a speakeasy by mobster Al Wertheimer, it’s been revamped with an eye towards chic Marrakech decadence, courtesy of interior designer Martyn Lawrence-Bullard. You’ll love the elegant vibe, hammam-themed spa and Old Hollywood flair, not to mention the gorgeous pool surrounded by palms and scenic desert vistas. A 2016 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award winner, the Colony Palms is also a fantastic base from which to explore all the culture and great design destinations in the city.
P.S. As for the Seabiscuit connection, in the Fifties the hotel was owned by the son of the racehorse’s owner.
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection