Following in the footsteps of Gilda, Carol and Lucille, the latest crop of comediennes is putting its own knee-slapping, hilarious spin on entertainment — wrapped in a prettier package, at that. Case in point: Bridesmaids. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and company have everyone talking, including the dudes who revel in slapstick summer comedies. We’re all for this new breed of female empowerment that’s taking back the laugh.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.27.20 Culture Club: Literary Escapism You Need More Than Ever
- Culture 3.26.20 Postcards from Team Tory: PR Maven Clara Tonioni
- Culture 3.23.20 Postcards from Team Tory: Nora Maloney
- Culture 3.20.20 Postcards from Team Tory: Lauren Mechling, Senior Global Editor
- Culture 3.19.20 Five Podcasts to Lift You Up