Following in the footsteps of Gilda, Carol and Lucille, the latest crop of comediennes is putting its own knee-slapping, hilarious spin on entertainment — wrapped in a prettier package, at that. Case in point: Bridesmaids. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and company have everyone talking, including the dudes who revel in slapstick summer comedies. We’re all for this new breed of female empowerment that’s taking back the laugh.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub