Every Memorial Day, New Yorkers begin their traditional summer weekend migration pattern — to Montauk, Southampton and other chic points on the eastern tip of Long Island. A perfect hostess gift or coffee table read would be Hamptons Gardens. From minimalist landscapes in Amagansett to the lush greenery of the famed Grey Gardens, above, the gardens will inspire you long after you’ve disembarked the Jitney.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years