Every Memorial Day, New Yorkers begin their traditional summer weekend migration pattern — to Montauk, Southampton and other chic points on the eastern tip of Long Island. A perfect hostess gift or coffee table read would be Hamptons Gardens. From minimalist landscapes in Amagansett to the lush greenery of the famed Grey Gardens, above, the gardens will inspire you long after you’ve disembarked the Jitney.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub