LaDoubleJ pop-up shop at Hotel Esencia, photograph courtesy of the hotel
LaDoubleJ print pillows for Hotel Esencia, photograph courtesy of the hotel
From left: Juan Carlos, Hotel Esencia owner Kevin Wendle, J.J Martin and Alessandro Rossi at the opening party, photograph courtesy of the hotel
Still, that doesn’t mean one of Milan’s greatest cheerleaders doesn’t get a pang of wanderlust here and there. This month, Martin teams up with Hotel Esencia, on the Mexican Riviera, for a LaDoubleJ pop-up shop and accompanying capsule collection, which strikes the same kaleidoscopic chord for which Martin is known — e.g. splashy print dresses using vintage fabrics from Italy. And it turns out that the 29-room resort — filled with works by Pablo Picasso, Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret, and Serge Mouille — could not be a better home away from home for LaDoubleJ; it was initially built as a hideaway estate for an Italian duchess.
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection