Tortellini brodo, Mariah Carey and Macaulay Culkin in DIY defense mode… Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Giovanna Battaglia Engelbert style. Here, the Italian fashion editor, stylist and creative director — who directed the holiday film Tory Story — shares her Yuletide favorites and traditions.
Making the Christmas tree and wrapping all the gift boxes with my sister. I have a passion for holiday wrapping paper and my sister and I made a competition out of who created the better bow, or the better-wrapped box.
And holiday getaway…
I love visiting new destinations every holiday. Africa is my favorite holiday trip I have taken. You must see as many animals as you can and do a safari.
My favorite holiday dish…
And holiday song…
Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas Is You” — it reminds me of when I was a teenager.
And holiday film…
Either Home Alone or Trading Places. In Italy, they play these movies on loop and every year we watch them.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes