In honor of the Year of the Hare, which begins with today’s new moon, we’re pulling out Arto Paasilinna’s Year of the Hare, originally published in 1975. This story about a man who reevaluates his place in the world, especially nature, still resonates. The Year of the Hare, meanwhile, is often a time of peace and calm—sounds good to us.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub