In honor of the Year of the Hare, which begins with today’s new moon, we’re pulling out Arto Paasilinna’s Year of the Hare, originally published in 1975. This story about a man who reevaluates his place in the world, especially nature, still resonates. The Year of the Hare, meanwhile, is often a time of peace and calm—sounds good to us.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 2.28.20 A Life in Full Color: Gerhard Richter’s Unending Influence
- Culture 2.25.20 This Book Knows You Uncomfortably Well
- Culture 2.24.20 In Memoriam: Katherine Johnson From the Earth to the Moon
- Culture 2.19.20 Why Tory Wants You to Get to Know Simone Veil
- Culture 2.18.20 The Tory Burch Foundation: The Backstory