In honor of the Year of the Hare, which begins with today’s new moon, we’re pulling out Arto Paasilinna’s Year of the Hare, originally published in 1975. This story about a man who reevaluates his place in the world, especially nature, still resonates. The Year of the Hare, meanwhile, is often a time of peace and calm—sounds good to us.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!