Anyone as fascinated with Holden Caulfield and his creator as we are should pick up the new biography J. D. Salinger: A Life by historian/fan Kenneth Slawenski. Slawenski goes deep into what made Salinger one of literature’s most beloved and elusive figures, from his coddled Park Avenue childhood to storming Normandy Beach on D-Day to his reclusive later life.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub