For art lovers, the first week of December means one thing: Art Basel. From December 2 to 5, art world heavies and celebrities converge on Miami Beach for a glamorous swirl of art, parties and serious holiday shopping (for art, that is). Among this year’s must-sees are Jennifer Rubell’s Goldilocks-inspired brunch installation “Just Right” where viewers dine on one of thousands of bowls of porridge; Wynwood Walls’ murals by artists like Ryan McGinness; and “The Island,” a Biscayne Bay islet accessed by motorboat and featuring 15 contemporary artists.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!