For art lovers, the first week of December means one thing: Art Basel. From December 2 to 5, art world heavies and celebrities converge on Miami Beach for a glamorous swirl of art, parties and serious holiday shopping (for art, that is). Among this year’s must-sees are Jennifer Rubell’s Goldilocks-inspired brunch installation “Just Right” where viewers dine on one of thousands of bowls of porridge; Wynwood Walls’ murals by artists like Ryan McGinness; and “The Island,” a Biscayne Bay islet accessed by motorboat and featuring 15 contemporary artists.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub