Alexa Chung, tech entrepreneur? The model and TV host has entered the app space with Villoid, which is part Instagram, part Pinterest — and it’s shoppable! You can build your own fashion moodboard, invite friends, follow friends and cool tastemakers too. She bills it as the modern-day equivalent of Cher Horowitz’s closet in Clueless. “I suppose that scene in Clueless where the computer puts an outfit together from Cher’s wardrobe really stayed with me,” Chung says. “Clothes are fun, making mistakes is fun, being inspired is fun. Villoid celebrates the process of getting dressed and showing your mates.” As for the name, Villoid — which is done in collaboration with Jeanette Dyhre Kvisvik, from Norway — it’s a mix of the words “villain” and “asteroid,” a nickname Chung sometimes calls her friends.
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection