Alexa Chung, tech entrepreneur? The model and TV host has entered the app space with Villoid, which is part Instagram, part Pinterest — and it’s shoppable! You can build your own fashion moodboard, invite friends, follow friends and cool tastemakers too. She bills it as the modern-day equivalent of Cher Horowitz’s closet in Clueless. “I suppose that scene in Clueless where the computer puts an outfit together from Cher’s wardrobe really stayed with me,” Chung says. “Clothes are fun, making mistakes is fun, being inspired is fun. Villoid celebrates the process of getting dressed and showing your mates.” As for the name, Villoid — which is done in collaboration with Jeanette Dyhre Kvisvik, from Norway — it’s a mix of the words “villain” and “asteroid,” a nickname Chung sometimes calls her friends.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes