Buried deep in the middle of the Balinese jungle and surrounded on two sides by flowing river banks, Como Shambhala Estate offers visitors a chance to experience the musts of a healthy getaway — deep-sea mud baths, incredible massages, yoga sessions and intense hiking — mixed in with the unforgettable and unexpected, like an Ayurvedic healing session with a local shaman or a bike ride through miles of rice paddies. And while the estate is billed as a health spa, with its individual villas perched above the jungle and an infinity pool that seems to spill into the mountains, this tropical paradise exists in a category of its own: part spiritual retreat, part travel adventure and 100 percent what the doctor ordered.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 12.6.19 #DestinationAnywhere: This Jet-Age Travel Magazine Was a Holiday in and of Itself
- Travel 11.25.19 A Hudson Valley Getaway for the Smart Set
- Travel 11.10.19 Hikari Mori on Holiday Travel and Traditions
- Travel 10.10.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Travel Talks with Jacqueline Gifford
- Style 10.3.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Dubai with Karen Wazen