Buried deep in the middle of the Balinese jungle and surrounded on two sides by flowing river banks, Como Shambhala Estate offers visitors a chance to experience the musts of a healthy getaway — deep-sea mud baths, incredible massages, yoga sessions and intense hiking — mixed in with the unforgettable and unexpected, like an Ayurvedic healing session with a local shaman or a bike ride through miles of rice paddies. And while the estate is billed as a health spa, with its individual villas perched above the jungle and an infinity pool that seems to spill into the mountains, this tropical paradise exists in a category of its own: part spiritual retreat, part travel adventure and 100 percent what the doctor ordered.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 5.24.19 #DestinationAnywhere: A Seaside Retreat on the Island of Ischia
- Style 4.17.19 Helena Bordon Brightens Up the Streets of Hong Kong
- Travel 4.17.19 Editor’s Mood Board: Yes Way Rose
- Style 4.15.19 #DestinationAnywhere = Punta Del Este
- Travel 4.11.19 5 Record Stores to Hit on your Tour of Tokyo