The Tissus Tartares designer mixes motifs.
My style mantra is… follow your instinct.
Best piece of fashion advice I ever received… was for my wedding day: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. And a silver sixpence in your shoe.
Back in Soviet Russia… my mother had a seamstress that made her extravagant crepe de chine dresses and exquisite tweed suits. I was always present at the fittings and learned about the craftsmanship of clothes, fabric quality and perfect fit.
I teach my four daughters… everything my mother taught me (including) hand wash cashmere and dress for the weather.
When I wear Tory I feel… true to my taste, as her things integrate seamlessly into my eclectic wardrobe.
September in New York is… about celebrating the return to urban life in full force after the summer travels and retreats.
My go-to restaurant is… St. Ambroeus uptown and downtown. Our four young children have been always welcomed.
My favorite charity is… Natalia Vodianova’s Naked Heart Foundation that helps underprivileged children in Russia.
My sign is…Scorpio.
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection