Tory has a great teacher in her mother Reva, who taught her and her brothers Robert, Jamie and Leonard not just by example but with reminders that “negativity is noise,” and that “if the cup isn’t full, add water!” As a mother to her three boys and her three stepdaughters, Tory pays all those wonderful pieces of advice forward.
We asked her what else she often says to her children. “I always tell my boys that ‘a gentleman is not a part-time job.’ I also tell them to ‘eat humble pie or don’t eat at all.’”
And wisdom has a way of making its way from generation to generation. Louisa, one of Tory’s stepdaughters, told us the greatest thing she has learned from Tory is that “family is everything.” Which is actually something that Reva said over and over to Tory growing up.
Sounds pretty good to us.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!